If you hold a current concession card and are the electricity and/or gas account holder, you may be eligible for a concession.
The following cards are eligible:
- Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card (PCC)
- Centrelink Low Income Health Care Card (HCC)
- Department of Veterans' Affairs Pensioner Concession Card or Gold Card
In the ACT, the Utilities Concession covers electricity and gas and is passed on to you via your electricity account. Find out more about ACT Rebates. Visit the ACT Government's website for further information.
In NSW, the NSW Low Income Household Rebate may be applied to your electricity account and the NSW Government Gas Rebate on your gas accounts. Find out more about NSW Rebates. Visit the NSW Government's website for further information.
Am I eligible?
You’re eligible for a concession if:
- You hold one of the cards above.
- The energy bill is in your name.
- The address on your account is your sole or principal place of residence.
How do I apply?
To add a concession card to your account, you’ll need:
- Your concession card.
- Your ActewAGL electricity and/or gas account number.
For more information
There are a range of discounts, rebates and subsidies available to help Canberrans save on everyday living costs, including energy bills. Find out which ones you might be eligible for by answering some quick and easy questions at ACT Government Assistance.
Visit Energy NSW for more information on rebates and discounts, and easy ways to save energy and money.
Terms and conditions
View our terms and conditions.