Our response to emergencies
We're in this together. ActewAGL and our predecessors have been committed to the Canberra region for over 100 years. We have a big responsibility to the people who live here.
Your health, safety and wellbeing is our highest priority. In times of emergency or uncertainty, we want to assure you that you can rely on us.
ActewAGL electricity customers may from time-to-time experience a power outage.
There are three distribution companies that supply electricity to the region through their networks (poles and wires or cables). They are Evoenergy in the ACT, and Essential Energy and Endeavour Energy in NSW.
For any emergencies, faults or outages you will need to report it to your local distribution company.
For ActewAGL electricity customers who live in the ACT, contact Evoenergy on 13 10 93 or visit evoenergy.com.au
For ActewAGL electricity customers who live in the NSW area with postcodes 2535, 2538, 2539, 2540, 2541, please contact Endeavour Energy on 13 10 03 or visit endeavourenergy.com.au
For ActewAGL electricity customers who live in the NSW area with postcodes 2536, 2537, 2545, 2546, 2548, 2549, 2550, 2551, 2580, 2581, 2582, 2583, 2584, 2585, 2586, 2587, 2594, 2611, 2618, 2619, 2620, 2621, 2622, 2623, 2624, 2625, 2626, 2627, 2628, 2629, please contact Essential Energy on 13 20 80 or visit essentialenergy.com.au
Natural gas outages
ActewAGL gas customers should report interruptions or damage to infrastructure.
If you live in the ACT, Queanbeyan, Nowra, Jerrabomberra, Bungendore, Boorowa, Goulburn, Yass or Young, and experience a gas emergency or fault, you should call the Evoenergy Gas Emergency number on 13 19 09 or visit Jemena gas outages page.
All other NSW residents should report gas emergencies or faults to their local network company.
Report a fault with your electricity meter
If you’re in the ACT and you’ve identified a fault with your electricity meter, contact Evoenergy.
If a fault with your meter is detected:
- Your electricity distributor will let us know.
- If there’s a fault in your meter, we’ll replace it with a new meter and let you know when this will happen.
- We’ll need access to your meter, so remember to:
- unlock your meter box.
- unlock doors and gates between the front of the property and the point of attachment/entry.
- clear a path to the point of attachment/entry (especially if it’s at the rear of the property).
If the technician can’t get to the meter and safely isolate the electricity supply, we may not be able to complete the upgrade.
- If your address is registered for life support protections, someone must be present during the upgrade to ensure the safety of the person on life support. Please note that work will not proceed unless a support person is on site.
- If you’re in the ACT, you’ll stay on your current plan, but new meter pricing will apply.
Report a fault with your gas meter
If your gas meter is faulty, please contact your gas distributor directly on 13 19 09.
Our metering team is happy to assist.
Call us on 1300 815 815, Monday – Friday, 8.30am – 5pm
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org