We need access to your meter, so remember to:
- Unlock your meter box.
- Unlock doors and gates between the front of the property and the point of attachment/entry.
- Clear a path to the point of attachment/entry (especially if it’s at the rear of the property).
If the technician can’t get to the meter and safely isolate the electricity supply, we may not be able to complete the upgrade.
If your address is registered for life support protections, someone must be in present during the upgrade to ensure the safety of the person on life support.
Please note that work will not proceed unless a support person is on site.
If you need to boost your electricity supply, contact your local distributor and have this undertaken before requesting a new smart meter.
You might need an upgrade from one phase to three phase supply if you’ve recently installed an air conditioning system or installed solar with a generation output of greater than 5kW.
Your local distributor
ACT - Evoenergy
Upgrade your electricity meter
What’s a smart meter?
With an electricity smart meter you can:
- Track your daily electricity usage through My.ActewAGL.
- Make informed choices about how and when you use electricity.
- Switch to new electricity pricing to change the way you’re billed. Read more about electricity pricing here.
Timeframes for smart meters
A smart meter will be installed within six business days or on an agreed date once:
- All required electrical and distributor work is completed.
- All required inspections are complete. This must include the placement of an Access Canberra approval sticker in the meter board (ACT only).
- Notification of the completion of the two points above via email@example.com
Upgrade your gas meter
If you need to upgrade or downgrade your gas meter, complete the form.
Once the form is submitted, we’ll send your request to the distributor for a quote and then will be in contact with the details. If you would like to proceed and approve the quote, we’ll send the work order to the distributor.
Please allow 20 – 60 business days for this process to be complete.
Our metering team is happy to assist.
Call 1300 815 815 Monday–Friday, 8am–5pm
Or email MeterInstallations@actewagl.com.au