Enjoy peace of mind knowing your energy is sorted.
- We guarantee your electricity connection in the ACT on the same day*. Otherwise we'll cover up to $500 of related expenses per day.
- If you’re looking to optimise your energy plan, compare plans or talk to us on 13 19 43.
- If you’re an ActewAGL customer you can simply arrange your move or update your details online with My.ActewAGL.
Our local team will help you save with on the ground advice.
Moving to a new house is a big deal and we’re here to help make it smoother.
- Get your old outdated fridge or freezer picked up for free*, and get a $30 bill credit* with our Fridge Buy Back program.
- Smooth your bills into predictable, automatic payments by setting up EvenPay.
Home owners can save with energy efficient solutions.
If you’re moving into your own home, talk to us about how you can save with solar installations and plans.
Consider upgrading outdated heating, cooling or hot water units with energy efficient alternatives so you can continue to save.
Moving advice and tips
ENERGY MADE FOR YOU
- ACT residential established site only.
- Business days only. If you’re moving today and need an urgent electricity connection please complete an online request before 1pm. Alternatively, you can call us before 2pm to arrange a connection.
- Electricity supply only.
- Additional fees may apply.
- Resident must ensure there is safe and unhindered access to premises electricity meter.
- If the electricity at the premises is not connected, the resident must switch off the main power switch/switches on the switchboard.
- Follow and implement any other connection instructions provided by ActewAGL.
Situations resulting in ineligibility for same day connection:
- Request to connect to a premises that has not had electricity connected for 12 months or more.
- Request to connect to a premises deemed unsafe by ActewAGL.
- When delays are due to circumstances beyond ActewAGL’s control (for example extreme weather, natural disasters).
- The meter at the premises is not accessible or removed.
- The meter is not in working order, or is non-compliant.
- Wrong address or connection date was provided – or is mistakenly believed that the power was not connected when in fact the power was connected.
- When ActewAGL has requested the disconnection and the reason for the disconnection has not been rectified.
Electricity and natural gas retailer: ActewAGL Retail ABN 46 221 314 841 a partnership of AGL ACT Retail Investments Pty Ltd ABN 53 093 631 586 and Icon Retail Investments Limited ABN 23 074 371 207.