Terms and conditions
1. The following terms and conditions apply to the “ActewAGL Raiders v Warriors, 20 September 2020” Competition (Competition) and by submitting an entry to this Competition, entrants’ warrant that they have read, understand and agree to be bound by them.
2. The promoter is ActewAGL Retail, ABN 46 221 314 841, 40 Bunda Street, Canberra City ACT 2600 (ActewAGL).
3. Competition commences at 3:00pm on Friday 11 September 2020 and closes at 5pm Tuesday 15 September, 2020 (Entry Period).
4. Entry is available to NSW and ACT residents only.
5. Only one (1) entry per person to the Competition is permitted.
6. Entrants must be 18 years or over and be a current ActewAGL electricity customer at the time of the Prize draw.
7. Employees of ActewAGL, Icon Water Limited (ABN 86 069 381 960), AGL ACT Retail Investments Pty Ltd (ABN 53 093 631 586), Jemena Networks (ACT) Pty Ltd (ABN 24 008 552 663) and their related bodies corporate are ineligible to enter the Competition. Employees and the immediate families of all associated sponsors and participating companies are also ineligible to enter the Competition.
8. To enter the Competition eligible entrants must ‘like’ the ActewAGL Facebook page, and respond in the comment section of the ActewAGL social media post (on the ActewAGL page only) with a photo that shows how you show your colours when watching the Raiders, before the closure of the entry period.
9. Each entry must be the entrant’s original work and by entering this Competition, entrants:
(a) consent to ActewAGL making copies of or publishing the whole or any part of their entry; and
(b) undertake to ActewAGL that their entry is not, and its use by ActewAGL will not be in breach of any third party intellectual property rights.
10. The prize pool consists of two (2) corporate hospitality tickets to the Raiders v Warriors game at GIO Stadium, 20 September, 2020 and one (1) signed Raiders jersey.
11. This is a game of skill and chance plays no part in determining the winners. Each entry will be individually judged based on literary and creative merit, the most creative entry, in the opinion of the judges, will win the Prize. The judge’s decision will be final and cannot be contested. No correspondence will be entered into.
12. Incomplete, inappropriate or incomprehensible entries will be ineligible to win the Prize whether due to error, omission, deletion or otherwise and will be disqualified.
13. The Prize will be allocated at ActewAGL House, 40 Bunda Street, Canberra City ACT at 12.00pm on Wednesday 16 September, 2020.
14. The Prize is non transferable, non exchangeable and not redeemable for cash.
15. The winner will be contacted via Facebook messenger on Wednesday 16 September, 2020 and will be required to provide personal details prior to the prize being made available to them.
16. The winner of the Competition will be given two (2) tickets that include hospitality and one (1) signed jersey. No travel, accommodation, or any other benefit is included in the prize. Winners agree to comply with the relevant terms and conditions of entry to GIO Stadium, and agree that their behavior at the event is in no way related to ActewAGL.
17. Entrants agree to abide by the Conditions of Entry and to GIO stadium, found here and any COVID-safe restrictions implemented by the Canberra Raiders.
18. Entrants and participants acknowledge that this Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook and entrants and participants release Facebook and its associated companies from all liability arising from this Competition.
19. ActewAGL reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity and/or proof of residency in order to claim a Prize. Proof of identity and/or residency considered suitable for verification is at ActewAGL’s sole discretion. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
20. ActewAGL is not responsible or liable if for any reason beyond their reasonable control any element of any Prize is not provided or becomes unavailable for any reason.
21. ActewAGL accepts no responsibility for any variation in Prize or its value.
22. ActewAGL is not responsible for any changes in times or dates, or cancellations or rescheduling of any nature that may prevent the Prize winner from redeeming the prize or any part of it.
23. It is a condition of entry that ActewAGL has the right to publicise the names, characters, likenesses or voices of any entrants for any promotion or matter incidental to the Competition.
24. Entrants consent to their entry being read out on air and/or to their telephone and other conversations with ActewAGL being broadcast on air.
25. Entrants may be required by ActewAGL to participate in photo, recording, video and/or film session(s) (Publicity Materials) and acknowledge that ActewAGL has the right to use such Publicity Materials in any medium (including, without limitation, the internet) and in any reasonable manner it sees fit, unless that person advises ActewAGL at the time of entering the Competition that he/she wishes to retain his/her anonymity.
26. Entrants also acknowledge that the Publicity Materials may be provided to the Prize provider for the purposes of promotional display.
27. To the extent permitted by law, all entrants release from, and indemnify ActewAGL against all liability, cost, loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits) or expense arising out of acceptance of the Prize or participation in the Competition including (but not limited to) loss of income, loss of opportunity, personal injury or death or damage to property, whether direct or consequential, foreseeable, due to some negligent act or omission or otherwise, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
28. If for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned as a result of any (including but not limited to) technical failures, unauthorised intervention, computer virus, mobile network failure, tampering, fraud or any other causes beyond the control of ActewAGL which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, ActewAGL reserves the right (subject to applicable laws) to disqualify any individual who (whether directly or indirectly) causes the same and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to the approval of the relevant authorities in each state and territory, where required.
29. ActewAGL accepts no responsibility for any late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries.
30. ActewAGL may (subject to applicable laws), vary the terms of or terminate this Competition at any time at its absolute discretion without liability to any entrant or other person. ActewAGL will not award the Prize if the Competition is terminated.
31. All decisions and actions of ActewAGL relating to the Competition and/or redemption of the Prizes are exercised according its absolute discretion and are final. No discussions or correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into.
32. A failure by ActewAGL to enforce any one of these terms and conditions in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any other person or entrant.
33. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of ActewAGL. ActewAGL may collect personal information about entrants to include entrants in the promotion and where appropriate, award the Prize. If the personal information requested is not provided, the entrant may not participate in the promotion. By participating in the promotion, each entrant also acknowledges that a further primary purpose for collection of entrants personal information by ActewAGL is to enable ActewAGL to use the information to assist ActewAGL in providing the Prize and to contact entrants in the future with information on special offers or provide entrants with marketing materials via any medium including mail, telephone and commercial electronic messages,( SMS (Short Message Service), MMS (Multimedia Message Service), IM (Instant Messaging) and email) or any other form of electronic, emerging, digital or conventional communications channel whether existing now or in the future. ActewAGL may share information with its related bodies corporate who may contact entrants with special offers in this way. By entering the promotion, each entrant agrees that ActewAGL may use entrant’s personal information in this manner. Each entrant also agrees that ActewAGL may publish or cause to be published the winners name and locality in any media as required under the relevant legislation. All personal information will be stored at the office of ActewAGL.
35. ActewAGL accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the Prize winnings.
36. Entries not fully complying with these terms and conditions of entry may be deemed invalid at ActewAGL’s discretion.
37. All amounts include GST unless otherwise stated.