We’re committed to ensuring support is available for our customers, workers and broader community when it’s needed most.
Core to our commitment is the support options we’ll continue to provide for every residential and small business customer who reaches out for assistance to pay their bill.
If you are experiencing financial difficulty, please get in touch. Here are some of the ways we’ll work with you to assist you:
- Offering tailored payment extensions and flexible payment arrangements, adjusted to your circumstances.
- Ensuring energy supply remains connected if you're facing financial stress as a result of COVID-19 and have contacted us to let us know.
- Processing your reconnection as soon as we hear from you if you were disconnected for non-payment. We’ll also waive any associated fees.
- Pausing default listings for customers experiencing financial stress.
- Giving advice on eligibility for concessions and rebates.
- Providing access to our financial hardship program, Staying Connected. Through the program, you’ll receive personalised support from our dedicated Staying Connected team.
- Encouraging you to set up EvenPay direct debit, which splits the cost of your annual energy bills into set, smaller fortnightly or monthly payments, making bills more manageable and predictable.
- Checking that you're on the best energy plan for you.
- Providing practical energy saving tips and advice.
We're aware that many businesses have had their income impacted as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The same measures in place for residential customers are also available for small business customers.
In addition, we’ve temporarily extended our Staying Connected program to small businesses (with usage under 100MWh), and we’ll ensure your energy supply remains connected if you're facing financial stress and have contacted us to let us know.
Please take care and stay safe. For the latest advice on the COVID-19 pandemic, visit these trusted sources.
Events like the COVID-19 pandemic affect everyone differently and it’s reasonable to feel stressed or uncertain. If you’d like to talk to someone, call Lifeline on 13 11 14.
Our focus remains on supporting customers and broader community when it is needed most. In addition to financial support, we're helping by:
- Maintaining ActewAGL's Existing Priority service to customers on life support.
- Making your move simple. If you've already booked a move, don't worry. We're not anticipating any delays and your should be connected on your move in date as planned.
- Keeping you up to date with clear, relevant information.