The ActewAGL Community Grants program delivers grant funding to small and medium sized, local not-for-profit and charity organisations. Established in 2020, the program has delivered funding to over 30 local organisations to directly support the capital region community.
An annual funding round offers eligible organisations the opportunity to apply for funding of up to $10,000 for specific projects that support the capital region community. We’re committed to providing support across a number of community areas, including:
- environmental sustainability
- at-risk and disadvantaged populations (women, elderly, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, LGBTQIA+, homeless etc.)
- community engagement.
To apply, your organisation will need to propose a project that funding will be used towards. This may be a new or existing project and will need to be supported by a justified budget and delivery outline. Applications are now closed for 2022.
ActewAGL Community Grants Program timeline
1 May 2022
30 June 2022
Applications reviewed by selection panel
Awarding and payment of grants
All proposals will be reviewed based on their eligibility, the proposed project and merit of application. Please note, funding will not be awarded for ‘business as usual’ purposes or to fund general operations. Due to the substantial number of applicants, feedback will not be provided to unsuccessful applicants and late submissions will not be accepted.
Funding is limited and not all applicants will receive funding. ActewAGL may elect to partially fund applications, where deemed appropriate by the selection panel. Organisations will be contacted in July 2022 regarding the outcome of their application.
All successful applicants are required to accept the ActewAGL Community Grants Program Agreement and Code of Conduct, as well as submit a Grant Acquittal Report, in accordance with the agreement terms and timelines.
- Africa 2 Australia
- Barnardos – Queanbeyan Homework Club
- Belconnen Little Athletics
- Canberra Refugee Support
- Canberra Youth Theatre
- Care Financial Counselling (Care Inc)
- Early Morning Centre
- Fearless Women
- Giralang Garden Collective
- Spence Girl Guides
- Good Omen Goodeze
- Hundreds for Thousands
- Little Care
- National Film Academy
- RSL Woden
- Warehouse Circus
- Water Wombats
- Woden Community Service
- Women's Legal Centre ACT
- A Gender Agenda (AGA)
- Bosom Buddies ACT Inc
- Canberra Blind Society Inc
- Canberra Environment Centre
- Canberra Youth Residential Service
- Diversity ACT Community Services
- Doris Women's Refuge Inc
- Ethnic Broadcasters Council of the ACT and surrounding districts Inc
- Girl Guides Murrungundie District
- Hepatitis ACT
- National Parks Conservation Trust
- Radio 1RPH - Radio for the Print Handicapped
- Roundabout Canberra
- Serbian Orthodox Community Parish of Saint Sava Incorporated
- The Rainbow Paws Program
- The RSI & Overuse Injury Association of the ACT
- This Is My Brave Australia Inc
- Weston Scouts Group
Learn more about how we empower our community with our other Community Support and Engagement programs.