We’re always focused on improving our energy plans, service and the overall experience. So if you have feedback or we haven’t met your expectations, let us know.
It’s our policy to:
- receive complaints by telephone, fax, email or letter.
- resolve your complaint as soon as reasonably possible.
- deal with your complaints professionally, efficiently and fairly.
- keep you advised of progress or changes.
- discuss with you any cost that may be associated prior to undertaking any action.
- provide reasons for all of our decisions.
- learn from your feedback and improve ActewAGL's service and product delivery.
- treat all customers with courtesy and respect.
How we handle your complaint
We’ll acknowledge your complaint as quickly as possible and provide a response within 20 business days. Once we’ve received it, your complaint will be registered and immediately assigned to an officer to arrange investigation, action and resolution.
You may be entitled to a rebate if we fail to respond within 20 days as described in Schedule 1 of the Consumer Protection Code.
If you are dissatisfied with ActewAGL's decision about your complaint you can ask for reconsideration by a higher level of ActewAGL management.
If you remain dissatisfied after the reconsideration, you have a right to refer your concerns to the Ombudsman in the relevant jurisdiction.
For events that have taken place in ACT contact the ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal (ACAT).
ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal (ACAT)
PO Box 578
Civic Square ACT 2608
Phone: 02 6207 1740 (option 4)
Fax: 02 6207 7739
For events that have taken place in NSW contact the Energy and Water Ombudsman of NSW (EWON).
Energy and Water Ombudsman of NSW
PO Box A2436
Sydney South NSW 1235
Free call: 1800 246 545
Free fax: 1800 812 291
Download our complaints and dispute resolution procedure.
In order for us to respond to your complaint appropriately, it’s your responsibility to:
- clearly identify the issues of complaint and to provide any relevant supporting information and documents.
- where possible, let us know what kind of result or outcome you are hoping to receive.
- advise us promptly if recent circumstances change your need for a complaint to be assessed.
- treat all ActewAGL employees with courtesy and respect.