Let's find your account
Terms and Conditions of Use of the self-service platform
- ActewAGL Retail, ABN 46 221 314 841, a partnership of AGL ACT Retail Investments Pty Ltd ABN 53 093 631 586, and Icon Retail Investments Limited, ABN 23 074 371 207 (ActewAGL, us, we, our) owns and operates the self-service platform.
- You agree to be bound by these terms and conditions of use when using the self-service platform.
- If you do not agree to these terms and conditions of use, you must stop using the self-service platform immediately.
- These terms and conditions of use do not affect your contractual obligations pursuant to your relevant Contract with ActewAGL or Icon Water.
Eligibility and Registration
- The self-service platform is a service offered by ActewAGL for you to manage your ActewAGL Electricity, Gas, and/or ActewAGL appliance pay off accounts (“ActewAGL Accounts”) and your Icon Water accounts.
To be eligible to register you must be:
- An ActewAGL Electricity, Gas and/or appliance pay off customer
- An Icon Water Customer; or
- The Account Holder of any of the accounts listed in 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 above or the Authorised Contact.
- You will need to register through the sign up process available on our website at my.actewagl.com.au.
- We will then send you an authentication pin to your nominated email address which you will need to provide to finalise the sign up process.
- The Account Holder will be responsible for all actions undertaken on their relevant accounts in the self-service platform by the Authorised Contact.
Provision of your self-service platform information to third parties
- You must maintain the security of your log in details and must not provide or allow any third party to use your login details.
- In the event that you do not comply with clause 3.1 above, you will be responsible for any and all actions undertaken by that third party.
- If you believe that a person has obtained your login details without your consent, notify ActewAGL immediately and change your login password immediately.
Cancellation or suspension of access to the self-service platform
- We may at any time suspend or terminate this service, but will give you as much notice as reasonably practicable except in the case of an emergency when we will notify you as soon as reasonably practicable afterwards. If the service ceases to be available, you will return to receiving paper bills for the ActewAGL Accounts and Icon Water Accounts via mail to your nominated mailing address.
Services provided via the self-service platform
- From time to time, for whatever reason, and without notice to you we may vary the functionality, services or appearance and layout of the self-service platform. We will use all reasonable endeavours to provide you with updated information on the variations on our website www.actewagl.com.au.
- The functionality available to you may vary according to your status as an Account Holder or an Authorised Contact.
Provision of Personal information and use of your personal information
Provision of information
- You will be required to provide your personal information, including but not limited to your name, address, date of birth, ActewAGL or Icon Water account details and email address to register for the self-service platform.
- You acknowledge and confirm that all information that is provided by you in the sign up process and throughout the use of the self-service platform is current and correct at the time of provision of the information.
- You acknowledge and confirm that you will at all times indemnify and hold harmless ActewAGL against any breach of Privacy resulting from your disclosure of personal information as described in clause 6.1.3.
Use of personal information
You consent to us using personal information for the purposes of:
- Verifying your identity when setting up the account;
- Set up a log in for the self-service platform account for an Authorised Contact;
- Sending emails attaching your bill, any notifications associated with your ActewAGL Accounts or Icon Water Account;
- ActewAGL sending to you marketing material, unless you have selected not to be provided with marketing material in the login process for each account. If you have consented to receive marketing material, and you no longer wish to receive marketing material from ActewAGL please de-select the ‘Receive marketing material box’ in the self-service platform in each of your ActewAGL Account or Icon Water account details section or contact us on 13 14 93;
- Assess your ongoing creditworthiness or the status of any account you have with us;
- Collect overdue payments; and
- Determine the level of security required under this agreement.
- Provision of information
- You acknowledge and confirm that you agree to the Direct Debit Service Agreement available at www.actewagl.com.au
- You Acknowledge and confirm that you have the authority to use the Nominated Payment Method for the purposes of making the payments as set out in the self-service platform
- You acknowledge and confirm that you will remain liable for any missed payments and these outstanding amounts will be a debt due and payable to ActewAGL and/or Icon Water. You may be liable for any late payment fees in accordance with your relevant Contract.
- ActewAGL will not be liable for any payments not received, or delayed as a result of the online customer platform not working, being unavailable due to maintenance or where the delay has been caused by third parties or factors beyond our control.
- If you believe that a transaction recorded in the self-service platform is wrong or unauthorised, please notify us immediately. We are committed to resolving any disputed transaction as soon as reasonably possible using our Complaints Handling Procedure available on our website at www.actewagl.com.au.
Internet/Software requirements of the customer
- In order to operate the online customer platform you will require the most current version of Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox.
- ActewAGL may, by giving you no less than ten (10) business days written notice to your email address registered on the account, terminate this Agreement.
- You may terminate this Agreement at any time by notifying us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon termination ,no services will be available to you through the self-service platform and your access will be removed.
- Without limiting any rights or remedies that ActewAGL may have against you arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, ActewAGL may terminate this agreement immediately by giving notice to you, where, in ActewAGL’s opinion you have breached the terms of this Agreement.
- Any outstanding tax invoices at the time of Termination will remain a debt due and payable by you.
- You will at all times indemnify, hold harmless, and defend ActewAGL, its officers and employees, respective partners and parent companies, from and against any loss arising from a breach of this Agreement.
Maintenance of the self-service platform
- We may from time to time undertake maintenance of the self-service platform.
- We do not warrant or represent that the self-service platform will be free from any viruses, up to date, or free from interruption.
- Where you utilise a function in the self-service platform to estimate your consumption data, to the extent permitted by law, we cannot guarantee its accuracy or currency of the estimation provided as we are reliant on information provided by a third party. Further the estimation provided in the self-service platform is for general use only and should not be relied upon as a tax invoice.
- ActewAGL has taken all reasonable steps to protect information that you disclose on the self-service platform. However, we cannot guarantee that your use of the self-service platform will be secure or confidential. Information that you disclose on the self-service platform may not be secure in its transmission over the internet, and third parties may be able to intercept the transmission of information (including credit card information) to the self-service platform Please refer to our Online Security Statement available at www.actewagl.com.au.
To the fullest extent allowed by law, ActewAGL, respective partners and parent companies, officers, employees, agents, contractors and suppliers are not liable for any loss or damage (including consequential losses) that arise directly or indirectly:
- Out of the use of the self-service platform or through the disclosure of information to the self-service platform;
- From the interruption or unavailability of the self-service platform;
- From the unauthorised interception by third parties of transmissions of information to the self-service platform; and
- From the unauthorised or fraudulent use by a third party of information you disclose to the self-service platform.
Variation of Terms and Conditions
- We may vary these terms and conditions at any time without providing notice to you.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of the Australian Capital Territory.
Authorised Contact means the person or persons authorised by the Account Holder
Account Holder means the person who is the account holder of an ActewAGL Account or Icon Water account
- If you are an Electricity or Gas retail customer, your Standard Retail Contract or Market Retail Contract, as applicable, with us; or
- If you are an Icon Water Customer, your Water Services and Sewerage Services Connection and Supply Standard Customer Contract
Icon Water means Icon Water limited ABN 86 069 381 960
Nominated email address means the email address that you used to create your ActewAGL Account/s or Icon Water Account
Nominated Payment Method means your credit card, cheque account or savings account details that you provide to ActewAGL in the online customer platform as your method of payment of Tax Invoices
Privacy Laws means Privacy Act 1988 (CTH) and any other privacy legislation that ActewAGL must comply with from time to time