Things you need to know
The ActewAGL Power Move plan (“the Plan”) is an Ongoing Market Retail Contract with a benefit period for your electricity or electricity and gas.
Your first benefit period commences from when you accept the Plan or from when your account commences with ActewAGL if ActewAGL is not your current energy retailer.
Your first benefit period will be one of the following, depending on your tariff type:
Single rate: 4% off the reference price in the form of a $25 credit on each quarterly electricity bill for 12 months and, if applicable, a $25 credit on each quarterly gas bill for 12 months.
Single rate with controlled load: 4% off the electricity reference price in the form of a $25 credit on each quarterly electricity bill for 12 months and, if applicable, a $25 credit on each quarterly gas bill for 12 months.
Time-of-use: 4% off the electricity reference price in the form of a $25 credit on each quarterly electricity bill for 12 months and, if applicable, a $25 credit on each quarterly gas bill for 12 months.
Time-of-use with controlled load: 4% off the electricity reference price in the form of a $25 credit on each quarterly electricity bill for 12 months and, if applicable, a $25 credit on each quarterly gas bill for 12 months.
The above discounts off the electricity reference price are based on an indicative customer in your region. Your bill will depend on your actual usage.
Any discounts or credits will not apply to any miscellaneous ActewAGL charges, Greenchoice products or any government taxes, fees, charges or levies.
The Plan is only available to residential customers with electricity or both electricity and natural gas supplied to their premises.
The Plan is not available in conjunction with any other plans, offers or discounts.
Under ActewAGL’s Small Generator Buyback Scheme, a solar buyback rate of 8.0c/kWh applies to the Plan.
Following acceptance of the Plan, you will be supplied with information relevant to the Plan including pricing, terms and conditions, a single written disclosure statement and cancellation and cooling-off notice via your preferred contact method either email or post.
You can raise disputes with ActewAGL. If you’re unhappy with the resolution provided, ACT residents can raise the dispute with the ACT Civil and Administrative Tribunal (ACAT) by calling 02 6207 7740. NSW residents can raise the dispute with the Energy and Water Ombudsman NSW (EWON) by calling 1800 246 545.
ActewAGL will contact you before your energy plan end date about a new benefit period. Your contract may be continued if you do not contact ActewAGL by the expiry of the energy plan.
If you are not currently an ActewAGL customer, ActewAGL will become your retailer for electricity and gas after your meter is read next which may take up to 4 months.
- ACT residential established site only.
- Business days only. If you’re moving today and need an urgent electricity connection please complete an online request before 1pm. Alternatively, you can call us before 2pm to arrange a connection.
- Electricity supply only.
- Additional fees may apply.
- Resident must ensure there is safe and unhindered access to premises electricity meter.
- If the electricity at the premises is not connected, the resident must switch off the main power switch/switches on the switchboard.
- Follow and implement any other connection instructions provided by ActewAGL.
Situations resulting in ineligibility for same day connection:
- Request to connect to a premises that has not had electricity connected for 12 months or more.
- Request to connect to a premises deemed unsafe by ActewAGL.
- When delays are due to circumstances beyond ActewAGL’s control (for example extreme weather, natural disasters).
- The meter at the premises is not accessible or removed.
- The meter is not in working order, or is non-compliant.
- Wrong address or connection date was provided – or is mistakenly believed that the power was not connected when in fact the power was connected.
- When ActewAGL has requested the disconnection and the reason for the disconnection has not been rectified.
Electricity and natural gas retailer: ActewAGL Retail ABN 46 221 314 841 a partnership of AGL ACT Retail Investments Pty Ltd ABN 53 093 631 586 and Icon Retail Investments Limited ABN 23 074 371 207.