Energy management consultancy services
ActewAGL can provide your business with a range of energy management consultancy services to ensure that your energy use efficiency is at a premium.
For more information on any of our services, please email email@example.com or call 13 14 93. An ActewAGL representative will assist you with enquiries about any of the following business services:
There are 3 levels of audit.
- A "walk-through" audit includes a 2- to 3-hour site visit and a 1- to 2-page report stating the auditor's observations of items requiring improvement or further investigation. The indicative cost for this service is $500 to $1000, depending upon building size.
- During a medium complexity audit, more time is spent on site, sample logging is carried out at appropriate points, and a detailed report of approximately 5 to ten pages is provided. The indicative cost for this service ranges from $2000 to $5000.
- A customised audit is available for very large sites with inhouse expertise and detailed expectations in the energy management area. Quotes for this service will be provided based on your organisation's needs.
Energy planning allows you to use energy in the most efficient way for your business. ActewAGL provides energy planning services in the areas of:
- needs analysis
- strategic planning
- 1- to 3-year consumption plans.
Project management services
Our specialist team is experienced in implementing audit report findings and following up measurements to show the effectiveness of the investment.
Electrical maintenance is an integral part of building maintenance, for example pro-active lighting replacement is the key to reducing your energy lighting costs while maintaining an acceptable lighting levels.
What about your power factor? Routine and correct tuning of your HVAC system will also help minimise your costs.
Effective maintenance will cost you less in the long run, and you will maximise the life of your building plant.
Our specialists have many years experience in building maintenance, ranging from large commonwealth government clients through to commercial and industrial customers.
Power factor correction
Power factor is an attribute of electricity loads. More specifically, it is an indirect measure of how efficiently you consume electricity.
Several network service providers have minimum standards for power factor, with special tariffs for business customers to help influence how they consume their electricity.
For the larger customer, this type of tariff is usually called time of use demand (TOU) tariff. It contains incentives to use electricity at certain times of the day. It also contains a demand charge, which is in place to ensure that larger users maintain a certain level of power factor.
Analysing and correcting your site's power factor can lead to significant savings on your yearly electricity bill and also assist in reducing your greenhouse gas emissions.
Building management systems
Many organisations have a building management system (BMS). However, they may not be using their BMS, or its capabilities, to the best advantage. An energy audit of the business premise will quickly pinpoint deficiencies and allow for necessary corrections to be implemented.
Energy performance contracting
Some customers feel more comfortable passing risk on to contractors through energy performance contracts. This is an effective strategy but risk may be converted into additional costs that the client will eventually pay.
ActewAGL can arrange an energy performance contract for you.
Data logging and monitoring
Many clients cannot have their energy management practices audited properly without data logging or measurement. Building owners may be unaware of the major causes of energy wastage or supply disturbances in a building.
Our specialist team has a comprehensive range of load logging and measurement services, including:
- standard load logging (for example, polyloggers)
- power factor logging, giving kW and kVAr stream (using a Memobox 603 or temporary metering)
- voltage or current harmonics logging to the 50th, using a Memobox 604
As part of ActewAGL's demand management strategy we will develop and analyse your sites' load profiles to find opportunities to reduce costs related to the maximum demand in the network charges.