Electricity has done a lot to make our lives better, but can still be dangerous if not treated with care.
Appliances like kettles, toasters and even tap fittings on your sink can conduct electricity.
When around your home, if you experience a tingling sensation or shock when touching appliance, report it to us immediately on 13 10 93.
It’s important to recognise the difference between a static shock – after shuffling around on a carpet for example – and electric shock.
An electric shock or tingle could mean a bigger problem that needs investigation by ActewAGL.
If left unchecked, tingles and shocks in the home can put you or someone in your family at greater risk of injury.
No matter how minor you may think the shock or tingle is, please report it to us on 13 10 93.
Learn more about electrical safety and tips to keep you and your family safe.
Trees too close to powerlines can cause problems.
Be mindful of utility assets on the ground and below it.
Information to help you stay safe and be prepared for bushfire and storm season.
We use energy every day and often take it for granted —
but you have to take care.
© Copyright 2003-2017