Online safety — scams, phishing and hoax emails
We take customer security seriously at ActewAGL. That is why we will never ask for your account or payment details via email.
If you receive an email asking for your account details or an email directing you to a webpage where you are asked to enter your ActewAGL account or banking information, you should follow these steps:
- Do not open any attachments.
- Do not open any links contained in the email.
- Do not provide any account or banking details via the email.
- If possible:
- take a screen shot of the suspicious email
- record the time you received the email
- record the email address of the sender (be careful to record this correctly)
- record what the email asks you to do
- delete the suspicious email completely from your system
- report the suspicious email to ActewAGL on 13 14 93.
Do not forward the email to ActewAGL or anyone else.
If any suspicious activity is confirmed we will report the incident to the police for further investigation. This may require you to provide further information.
For further information on how to stay safe from hoax emails and online scams visit Stay Smart Online — a federal government initiative.